Monday, February 10, 2014

A Baby is Born!

 photo zeke7_zpsb3b12d93.jpg


Ezekiel "Zeke" George was born on January 14, 2014. 

His coming into this world was quite the experience, one that I did not plan, but one that I've learned so much through.  If ever I was to put my complete trust and calm in the Lord, it was through this birth....well technically through the last two births.  I did not have the natural birth I had hoped for, I had many days of labor, and then 33 hours of active labor, followed by a rupture, and then the birth of my boy.  I will say that although I had another C-section, this one was amazing, the staff at the hospital I delivered at were so wonderful to me.  I was even able to do an hour and a half of kangaroo care after delivery with Zeke before he was bathed, where he nursed like a champ I might add. 

At birth Zeke was 7lbs 15oz, but now at 4 weeks old, he's a whopping 12lbs!  I know!  I make butter filled milk apparently, he nurses so well, I am very thankful for that.  Although I wouldn't have minded him being a small newborn size for just a bit longer.  He's trying to grow to fast on me.   My beautiful baby is the sweetest little pumpkin though, he looks at me with these big eyes, and I feel like he really knows me.  I am in love to say the least.  My heart is so full.

I was apprehensive about bringing Zeke into such a crazy house, but I have to say, it's gone much better than expected.  All of the children love him so much, even Grace, who we thought would be jealous, is super in love with her baby brother.  She wants to mother him, always bringing me a diaper or covering him up. She has also taken to mothering her bunny right along with my mothering Zeke.   Can you believe she will be two in just a few short weeks?! 

Right now we are settling in to being a family of seven, I am a mom to five kids....FIVE!!!! It still blows me away, I finally have my big family...well bigger than average :) God has blessed me greatly, Zeke and I are doing wonderfully post partum, and life is just rolling along.  Even my child who has struggled greatly over the last year is doing better.  I have nothing but praise and thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. He is beautiful. I pray that all the children adjust well, and that it won't just be a honeymoon period. God's blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Little Zeke is beautiful, and I am so glad things are going so well.

    Stay warm during this long cold winter - hope your older trio are enjoying playing in the snow when temperatures allow!

    Susan up the road
    Cousin to 2 from U.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord on the safe arrival of your precious Ezekiel. Praying for your family as each adjusts to having a new babe in the home. He sounds so sweet. Congratulations. God bless you and your dear family.

    ReplyDelete